FREEDOMtravel is a Swedish travel blog that started in 2009. The blog is mainly about travel, adventure and camping, but also about houseboat life and lifestyle in general.
- Travel – We travel both nearby and far away and enjoy luxury as well as simple life. Our articles are about destinations, sights, restaurants, culture and nature.
- Adventure – We like to visit unexpected destinations and the adventure might be about cultural meetings as well as backpacking, wildlife or white water rafting.
- Camping – We write about our own camper trips, both in Sweden and abroad. Sometimes we also write articles about camping with caravan or tent.
We use Google Analytics, which is industry standard and the most serious tool to analyse traffic on websites. Here you can read more about our readers:
- Unique visitors/month: 25,000
- Page views/month: 75,000
- Reader engagement: 20-60 comments every day
- Geographics: 80 % in Sweden and 10 % in the Nordic countries
- Gender: 60 % are women
- Age: see diagram below
We use Facebook, Instagram and Youtube. Here you can see the number of followers. When we choose to share a post in relevant FB-groups we reach many more (up to 10,000 people per post). When we make a cooperation with a company we can always give a report on reach and interaction.
- Facebook: 2000+
- Instagram: 1700+
- Youtube (New!): 20+
Rewards for our swedish travel blog
FREEDOMtravel is one of the biggest travel blogs in Scandinavia and has received several awards:
- 2016: Nordic Travel Blog Events: Travel Innovator 2016
- 2016: Golden Pen Award in Croatia: Nominated
- 2016: Travelmarket Best Travel Blog: Top 10
- 2016: Newspaper Expressen: 12 best travel blogs in Sweden
- 2014: Skyscanner Bloscar Travel Awards: Top 10
- 2014: Newspaper Expressen: 10 travel blogs you have to read
- 2013: Cision’s ranking of Swedish Travel Blogs: Place 2
- 2013: Supersaver Travel Blog Awards: Place 6
About us in MEDIA
We have been interviewed in several newspapers, magazines and radio shows, about our Swedish travel blog and our travels:
- 2017: The podcast ”Ready for Takeoff” #3: ”How do the biggest Travel Bloggers in Sweden travel?”
- 2017: Inriktning/Aftonbladet 12 of June: ”It is the most free way of travelling”
- 2017: ”Husbil & Husvagn” nr 2: Spend the winter in the south of Europe
- 2016: Destinavo: Interview with FREEDOMtravel
- 2016: Nordic Nomads: Blogger of the month
- 2016: ”Husbil & Husvagn” nr 3: One year with a camper in Europe
- 2016: The podcast ”Att resa” 005: Travelling with a camper in Europe
- 2016: Swedish radio Yle: Bloggers will inspire tourists to the archipelago
- 2016: Radio P5 Stockholm: Radio show about the camper tour
- 2015: ”Hemmets Journal”, nr 24: We are always on the road – and love it!
- 2015: ”Kvällsposten”: They travel around Europe – in a house on 4 wheels
- 2015: ”Helsingsborgs Dagblad”: Freedom on the roads of Europe
- 2015: Travellink: The traveler of the month: Helena, Peter and the camper
- 2014: ”Nomadliv”: The camper with extra everything
- 2014: ”Campingsverige”: An extraordinary travel blog
- 2014: Metropol 93,8 Swedish Radio: Radio Metropol about camper tours
- 2014: Reseguiden: Blog of the week – FREEDOMtravel
- 2011: ”Expressen”: Will you travel luxoury – in a camper?
- 2011: ”ATV Terrängmagazinet”, nr 2: On 4×4 wheels in Morocco
- 2010: ”Amelia Sommar”: We love to squeeze!
- 2009: ”Kattis & Co”, nr 3: Vacation in a small area
- 2009: ”Husbilen Test”, nr 7: Not as everybody else
We are members of several important networks for travel bloggers, such as Svenska resebloggar, Swedish Travel Bloggers, Nordic Nomads, Professional Travel Bloggers Association and Influencers of Sweden.
We have cooperated with several companies, such as Morocco Tourism Board, Sahara Experience, Visit Turku, Visit Espoo, Live Riga, Skyscanner, Austria Airlines, Croatia Tourism Board, Hungarian Tourism, PolandTourism, Czech Tourism, Malta Tourism Authority and Nikon.