The Swedish travel blog FREEDOMtravel was started in 2009 by us, Peter och Helena Bergström. Here you find inspiration about destinations in Sweden, Europe and worldwide, and we also update with a new blogpost every day at 6 am. Follow us to hectic cities, exotic beaches and pittoresque places just around the corner. We are always about to find new adventures, inform about travel and camping news and report from the life on a houseboat.
Travel, adventure and camping
We write about small and big trips by camper, car, air, train and ship.
- Travel – We travel both nearby and far away and enjoy luxury as well as simple life. Our articles are about destinations, sights, restaurants, culture and nature.
- Adventure – We like to visit unexpected destinations and the adventure might be about cultural meetings as well as backpacking, wildlife or white water rafting.
- Camping – We write about our own camper trips, both in Sweden and abroad. Sometimes we also write articles about camping with caravan or tent.
We use Google Analytics, which is industry standard and the most serious tool to analyse traffic on websites. Here you can read more about our readers:
- Unique visitors/month: 35,000
- Page views/month: 90,000
- Reader engagement: 20-60 comments every day
- Geographics: 80 % in Sweden and 10 % in the Nordic countries
- Gender: 60 % are women
- Age: see diagram below
We use Facebook, Instagram and Youtube. Here you can see the number of followers. When we choose to share a post in relevant FB-groups we reach many more (up to 10,000 people per post). When we make a cooperation with a company we can always give a report on reach and interaction.
- Facebook: 2300+
- Instagram: 1700+
- Youtube (New!): 100+
Rewards for our swedish travel blog
FREEDOMtravel is one of the biggest travel blogs in Scandinavia and has received several awards:
- 2018: Skyscanner’s list of interesting Travel Blogs: Topp 10
- 2018: Cisions’s ranking of Swedish Travel Blogs: Place 6
- 2016: Nordic Travel Blog Events: Travel Innovator 2016
- 2016: Golden Pen Award in Croatia: Nominated
- 2016: Travelmarket Best Travel Blog: Top 10
- 2016: Newspaper Expressen: 12 best travel blogs in Sweden
- 2014: Skyscanner Bloscar Travel Awards: Top 10
- 2014: Newspaper Expressen: 10 travel blogs you have to read
- 2013: Cision’s ranking of Swedish Travel Blogs: Place 2
- 2013: Supersaver Travel Blog Awards: Place 6
- 2012: Cision’s ranking of Swedish Travek Blogs: Place 1
About us in MEDIA
We have been interviewed in several newspapers, magazines and radio shows, about our Swedish travel blog and our travels:
- 2017: The podcast “Ready for Takeoff” #3: “How do the biggest Travel Bloggers in Sweden travel?”
- 2017: Inriktning/Aftonbladet 12 of June: ”It is the most free way of travelling”
- 2017: “Husbil & Husvagn” nr 2: Spend the winter in the south of Europe
- 2016: Destinavo: Interview with FREEDOMtravel
- 2016: Nordic Nomads: Blogger of the month
- 2016: “Husbil & Husvagn” nr 3: One year with a camper in Europe
- 2016: The podcast “Att resa” 005: Travelling with a camper in Europe
- 2016: Swedish radio Yle: Bloggers will inspire tourists to the archipelago
- 2016: Radio P5 Stockholm: Radio show about the camper tour
- 2015: “Hemmets Journal”, nr 24: We are always on the road – and love it!
- 2015: “Kvällsposten”: They travel around Europe – in a house on 4 wheels
- 2015: “Helsingsborgs Dagblad”: Freedom on the roads of Europe
- 2015: Travellink: The traveler of the month: Helena, Peter and the camper
- 2014: “Nomadliv”: The camper with extra everything
- 2014: “Campingsverige”: An extraordinary travel blog
- 2014: Metropol 93,8 Swedish Radio: Radio Metropol about camper tours
- 2014: Reseguiden: Blog of the week – FREEDOMtravel
- 2011: “Expressen”: Will you travel luxoury – in a camper?
- 2011: “ATV Terrängmagazinet”, nr 2: On 4×4 wheels in Morocco
- 2010: “Amelia Sommar”: We love to squeeze!
- 2009: “Kattis & Co”, nr 3: Vacation in a small area
- 2009: “Husbilen Test”, nr 7: Not as everybody else
We are members of several important networks for travel bloggers, such as Svenska resebloggar, Swedish Travel Bloggers, Nordic Nomads, Professional Travel Bloggers Association and Influencers of Sweden.
We have cooperated with several companies, such as Croatia Tourism Board, Czech Tourism, Hungarian Tourism, Live Riga, Malta Tourism Authority, Morocco Tourism Board, Nikon, Resia, Sahara Experience, Poland Tourism, Skyscanner, Visit Espoo, and Visit Turku.