Travel destinations in Latvia! Here you will find inspiration for Latvia's best travel destinations. Do you like Art Noveau style houses, great restaurants or maybe a luxurious spa? Here are our best travel tips for Latvia!
Why travel to Latvia?
Latvia is an interesting and exciting travel destination. The capital city of Riga offers stunning architecture and plenty of restaurants with creative menus. You can also visit Riga to enjoy the spa or perhaps to experience the annual Christmas market.
Just south of Riga is Jūrmala, known for its spa and beautiful sandy beaches. Other popular destinations include Rundāle Castle and Guaja National Park. Find articles about Latvia here.
Travel destinations in Latvia - inspirational reading
Riga is just a short boat ride or flight away from Stockholm - perfect for a weekend or...
Today we tell you about Riga's best restaurants in Latvia, in our opinion. The restaurants in Riga surprised...
Voluntary co-operation with New Hope Children's Fund We have visited a summer camp for children in Latvia, and...
Here are three great restaurants in Riga! It is with fascination that I realise how...
Christmas market in Riga, Latvia! Why not soak up some Christmas spirit in a cosy medieval town that...
Fancy joining a food market in Riga, Latvia? If you're visiting the capital of Latvia and...
Spa in Riga, Latvia? We visited the ESPA spa in Riga, located in the Radisson Blue...
If you want to discover the most beautiful things in Riga, you have to look upwards, towards the building facades. Jugendhusen...
Now we have done some shopping in Riga. What we like about countries in the east...
Info and facts about Latvia
- Capital city: Riga
- Language: Latvian
- Residents: 1.9 million (2017)
- Currency: Euro
- ReligionChristianity (Lutheranism, Catholicism, Orthodox).
- Flag: The flag of Latvia is red with a white horizontal band.
- National anthem: Dievs, svētī Latviju (God bless Latvia)
Good to know about Latvia
- Price mode: Cheaper than in Sweden
- Time difference: + 1 hour
- Emergency number: 112
- El: Like Sweden
- Water: It may be better to choose bottled water
Travelling to Latvia
- Flights for example from Stockholm to Riga in about 1 hour (SAS, Air Baltic).
- Ferry runs from Stockholm to Riga (Tallink Silja Line) or from Nynäshamn to Ventspils (StenaLine). You can also travel to Latvia on a long cruise to Riga with Tallink Silja Line.