Travel destinations in Montenegro! Here you can find inspiration for Montenegro's best travel destinations. Do you like beautiful fjords, charming villages or perhaps exclusive luxury cities? Here are our top travel tips for Montenegro!
Why travel to Montenegro?
Montenegro, of course, has the same clear and shimmering green waters as Croatia - perfect for sunbathing and swimming! The coast is green and mountainous, and here and there small peninsulas stand out with hilly narrow streets and charming houses. In places, Montenegro feels almost like Norway with its high mountains and winding roads.
You can, of course, visit Montenegro for sunbathing and swimming. You can also come here to experience the beautiful nature, for example by hiking in the mountains. There is also a lot of luxury and opulence in the form of magnificent hotels and large casinos. Below you will find articles about Montenegro.
Travel destinations in Montenegro - inspirational reading
Saturday and guest blog with Elisabeth Haug From Dubrovnik to Safari Beach, 16 miles. That should...
The morning in Montenegro started well. At 8:15 the bread truck arrived as usual at the campsite in Montenegro with...
For two days we have been hanging out at a nice campsite in the Bay of Kotor in Montenegro. When you drive...
Kotor is located deep in the Bay of Kotor in Montenegro. The city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a...
Both yesterday and today we travelled around the Bay of Kotor in Montenegro. The Bay of Kotor is a bay with...
Yesterday we visited two of the most famous holiday resorts in Montenegro: Sveti Stefan and Budva. The island of Sveti...
Grocery shopping abroad is fun and exciting! We have previously written about supermarkets and food culture...
Today we have continued travelling north along the coast of Montenegro. It has actually rained intensely and been a bit...
We are now at Safari camping in Ulcinj in Montenegro. We have today rolled into ...
Info and facts about Montenegro
- Capital city: Podgorica
- Language: Montenegrin, Albanian, Croatian, Serbian, Bosnian and Romani.
- Residents: 620 000 (2017)
- Currency: Euro
- Religion: Christianity (mostly Orthodox), while the Albanian minority population is mainly Muslim.
- Flag: The flag of Montenegro is red with a yellow stripe, with the coat of arms of Montenegro in the centre.
- National anthem: Oj, svijetla majska zoro (O, bright May dawn)
Good to know about Montenegro
- Price mode: Cheap (cheaper than Sweden)
- Time difference: None
- Emergency number: 112
- El: Like Sweden
- Water: It may be advisable to choose bottled water.
- Think about: Make sure you have a green card (obtained from your insurance company) if you enter the country with your car.
Travelling to Montenegro
- Flight: Several airlines (SAS, LOT, Montenegro Airlines, Lufthansa and others) fly from Stockholm to Podgorica, often with a stopover in, for example, Warsaw, Frankfurt or Copenhagen.
- Car: It is also possible to travel to Montenegro by car. Driving from Stockholm to Podgorica takes about 31 hours (281 kilometres), counting pure driving time.