Holidays in Närke can be wonderful! Närke is one of Sweden's smallest regions, but still has a lot to offer. Here you can experience everything from cities and castles to nature.
Holidays in Närke
During a holiday in Närke, you don't want to miss out on experiencing Örebro. Here you can visit Örebro Castle, the water tower Svampen or the wonderful open-air museum Wadköping, which borrows its name from Hjalmar Bergman's novel "Markurells i Wadköping".
Don't miss the cosy and beautiful Askersund. From here you are close to the Vättern archipelago, with over 250 islands, islets and skerries. In Askersund you can also take the opportunity to visit Stjernsund Castle. Want even more inspiration for your holiday in Närke? Browse the reports below!
Tips for your holiday in Närke
What to do in Örebro? The fact is that Örebro has a lot to offer, whether...
Wadköping is a living open-air museum in Örebro where you can walk around in beautiful historical environments....
Boo Castle is a beautiful terracotta-coloured palace reminiscent of a fairytale castle. Not too far from here...
Tiveden National Park offers wonderful nature experiences in wild forests with dramatically large boulders. There are many...
Askersund is a charming and idyllic little town with low wooden houses, cafés, boats and walking paths along the...
Hiking, cycling, canoeing or discovering historic castles? Here you will find tips for activities and experiences during your holiday in Närke.
Good to know before your holiday in Närke
Here you will find information and things to know before your holiday in Närke.
Accommodation in Närke
- Hotels, cottages and hostels: There are many different accommodations around Närke. For example, you can find tips on hotels in Örebro here.
- Camping and caravanning sites: There are plenty of campsites and caravan parks, many of which are located in scenic locations. Read more about campsites and pitches in Närke here.
- Free camping: Free camping with a motorhome is fine as long as you follow laws and local regulations.
Food and drink in Närke
- Regional courts: Cajsa Warg's helmeted goose with funnel chanterelles, bacon and chive sauce, cobbler's box or grandmother's box.
- Delicacies: Visit farm shops and cosy countryside cafés.
- Desserts: Visit the Jeremiah Bakery in Wadköping for cakes and pastries.
- Drinks: Närke Kulturbryggeri.
Activities in Närke
- Nature: Hiking, cycling, canoeing, golf, fishing and boating.
- Culture: Art and galleries
- History: Castles, museums, churches and heritage centres.
- For children: Bathing and camping