Here, on this page, you will find campsites and pitches in Västerbotten. We present places where you can park your motorhome or caravan, ranging from simple pitches to scenic campsites. We, Peter and Helena, also offer our personal tips on things to see and do in the surrounding area when you are travelling.
Campsites and pitches in Västerbotten - from north to south
Here you will find campsites and pitches in Västerbotten, organised from north to south. All sites have been visited by us, Peter and Helena, who run the digital travel magazine FREEDOMtravel.se. The prices indicate what we paid when we visited the site (time in brackets).
Clicking on the headline or the 'Read more' button will take you to our report, which tells you more about the site or campsite and what you can do nearby.
- Description: Parking spaces by the Skellefteälven river (there is also a "real" car park on the other side of the church).
- Service: None (However, if you choose the car park, there is a service.)
- Price: Free (If you choose the car park, the fee applies.
- Find here: Brännavägen 23, Skellefteå (Drive all the way down to the small footbridge towards Kyrkholmen).
- See and do in the neighbourhood: Bonnstan, Lejonströmsbron and Landskyrkan are right next door. Also the rest of Skellefteå with Sara Kulturhus and Skellefteå Museum.
- Description: Simple camping area with grass, next to Lövångergården, which serves as a car park.
- Service: El
- Price: Around €150/day (August 2023)
- Find here: Kungsvägen 31, Lövånger
- See and do in the neighbourhood: Lövånger church town, which is a very nice and well-preserved church town.
- Description: Scenic camping on the Ume River, between Umeå and Lycksele. Some sites are very well located, with a view of the river.
- Service: Electricity, service building, fresh water supply and the possibility of emptying grey and black water. There is also a restaurant
- Price: See the campsite's website for current prices
- Find here: Vastanå 15, Granö
- See and do in the neighbourhood: Fishing, hiking, rafting, high-altitude railway or rafting in the river Vindelälven. It is also possible to stay in tree tents at Granö Beckasin.
- Description: Year-round campsite located by Lake Nydala. With a child-friendly beach, adventure golf and the Umelagun pool area.
- Service: Electricity, service house, fresh water filling and grey and black water emptying facilities. There is also a bistro (closed in winter).
- Price: See the campsite's website for current prices.
- Find here: Nydalasjön 2, Umeå
- See and do in the neighbourhood: Zip adventure park, Älgens hus, Umedalen sculpture park and Guitars - the museum.
- Description: Easy parking on hard surface, designed for motorhomes. Very good location for visiting the city centre
- Service: No service.
- Price: You pay with a parking app.
- Find here: Västra Kyrkogatan 25
- See and do in the neighbourhood: Central Umeå with the Ume River, Bildmuseum, Guitars - the museum and more.
- Description: A parking space in a very scenic location, by the sea baths, about 22 kilometres south of central Umeå.
- Service: Electricity, toilets, possibility of emptying black water and possibility of filling fresh water.
- Price: Around €200/day (August 2023)
- Find here: Norrmjöle sea baths
- See and do in the neighbourhood: Hiking and swimming. It is also possible to drive a bit to experience the centre of Umeå.
Campsites and pitches in Västerbotten - good to know
There are plenty of campsites and caravan parks in the Västerbotten region, many of which are nicely situated by rivers, coasts and sea baths. There are also opportunities for free camping, as long as you follow the laws and local rules. This list will be added to and updated over time.
More campsites and pitches in Västerbotten?
In this list, we have only included campsites and caravan parks in Västerbotten that we ourselves have experience of. Of course, there are many more places where you can stay overnight with a motorhome, campervan or caravan. Perhaps you have a favourite place that you would like to recommend?