Holidays in Dalsland offer beautiful views. Here you can follow the Dalsland canal and experience a lovely green landscape with fantastic colours, whether you travel by train, boat or perhaps motorhome.
Holidays in Dalsland
During your holiday in Dalsland you can visit beautiful places like Upperud, Mellerud, Dals Långed and Bengtsfors. If you follow the Dalsland Canal, you won't want to miss the main attraction, the aqueduct in Håverud. Here you can see road, railway and canal intersect at the same spectacular junction.
Dalsland also offers many beautiful nature areas, where you can hike, cycle or perhaps kayak. Here are some tips for your holiday in Dalsland.
Tips for your holiday in Dalsland
The Dalsland Canal by motorhome, how does it work and what can you see along the way? This summer...
Bengtsfors is located along the Dalsland Canal, and we came here by motorhome after our visits to...
Dals Långed is a small town along the Dalsland canal. We did not have high expectations, but...
The aqueduct in Håverud is a spectacular construction in Dalsland where road, railway and canal intersect....
Köpmannebro lock station can be described as the gateway to the Dalsland Canal. Here you will find the canal's first and largest...
Hiking, cycling, canoeing or taking a boat trip on the Dalsland Canal? Here you will find tips for activities and experiences during your holiday in Dalsland.
Good to know before your holiday in Dalsland
Here you will find information and things to know before your holiday in Dalsland.
Accommodation in Dalsland
- Hotels, cottages and hostels: There are many different types of accommodation around Dalsland. For example, you can find tips on West Sweden website.
- Camping and caravanning sites: There are plenty of campsites and caravan parks, many of which are located in scenic locations. Read more about campsites and pitches in Dalsland here.
- Free camping: Free camping with a motorhome is fine as long as you follow laws and local regulations.
Food and drink in Dalsland
- Regional courts: Pike steaks with herb cream sauce or carrot soup with salmon skewers.
- Delicacies: Take a tour of farm shops selling local produce, such as Dalslandsstruts in Färgelanda. Or visit the annual GLUPSK food festival in Dalsland.
- Desserts: Apple cake from Åmål
- Drinks: There are several microbreweries: Torrskogs källarbryggeri, Brukskällans bryggeri and Fengersfors bruksbryggeri.
Activities in Dalsland
- Nature: Hiking, cycling, canoeing, golf, fishing and boat trips on the Dalsland Canal.
- Culture: Art and galleries
- History: Museums, churches, heritage centres and the Dalsland canal.
- For children: Bathing and camping