Holidays in Västerbotten can be wonderful and exciting, both in summer and winter. There is everything from beautiful cities to fantastic nature experiences, with the opportunity to hike, fish or perhaps go skiing.
Holidays in Västerbotten
During a holiday in Västerbotten you can experience both city life and nature. In Skellefteå you can check out the cultural centre Sara and the charming Bonnstan. In Umeå, you won't want to miss the Bildmuseet and Guitars - the museum.
Västerbotten also offers great nature, with nature reserves such as Bjuröklubb and sea baths such as Byske sea baths. You can hike, cycle, fish and pick berries or mushrooms. If you visit this part of Sweden in winter, you can go skiing, skating or snowboarding instead.
Tips for your holiday in Västerbotten
What to do in Umeå? This northern city, sometimes referred to as the city of birches, offers...
What to do in Skellefteå? This northern city offers both culture and history, as well as...
Here is a greeting from First Camp in Umeå. Now we have started the journey south, after...
Today we have done rafting in Vindelälven. The organisers are called Forsknäckarna and the trip started from Ekorrsele, between...
We had booked rafting in Vindelälven at 12 o'clock, but when we arrived at Forsknäckarna in...
The journey towards Lycksele went really well... until the GPS decided to lead us in...
Good to know before your holiday in Västerbotten
Here you will find information and things to know before your holiday in Västerbotten.
Accommodation in Västerbotten
- Hotels, cottages and hostels: There are many different types of accommodation around Västerbotten. Here you will find everything from hotels, such as The Wood Hotel by Elite in Skellefteå, to accommodation in cabins on campsites.
- Camping and caravanning sites: There are plenty of campsites and pitches, many of which are well located along the coast. Read more about campsites and pitches in Västerbotten here.
- Free camping: Free camping with a motorhome or campervan is fine as long as you follow laws and local regulations.
Food and drink in Västerbotten
- Regional courts: Västerbotten pie or elk wallenbergare with potato cake and chanterelles or baked Arctic char with cauliflower cream.
- Delicacies: Cloudberries, Västerbotten cheese and Västerbotten pie
- Desserts: Why not try a dessert with Västerbotten cheese and cloudberries?
Activities in Västerbotten
- Nature: Hiking, cycling, canoeing, golf, fishing, mushroom picking, berry picking and boat trips to various islands, as well as skiing and ice skating.
- Culture: Art and galleries
- History: Open-air museums, heritage centres, churches, church towns and museums.
- For children: Swimming, camping and winter sports.