Travel destinations in China! Here you will find inspiration for China's best travel destinations. Do you like history, beautiful nature or maybe the good Chinese food? Here are our best tips for travelling to China!
Why travel to China?
China is a country that offers an exciting and, for us, exotic culture, from language to customs. The country has a long history and is full of historical sights, some of the most important of which are the Forbidden City and the Great Wall of China. There are also many beautiful palaces and gardens.
China is also home to some amazing scenery. In this vast country you can discover everything from high mountains to rivers and caves and, not least, the famously beautiful Sugar Loaf Mountains. Chinese cuisine also has many flavours to offer. Here you will find inspiration and tips for your trip to China.
Travel destinations in China - inspirational reading
We arrived in Beijing on the Trans-Siberian railway, and now it was time for us to experience...
Yesterday we were invited to an event by the Chinese Tourism Administration of Henan at the Sheraton Hotel in...
Ditte Akker is an experienced traveller with a keen interest in culture and nature, who has...
After an 11-hour (uncomfortable) flight, we arrived in Xiamen, located on the coast in the south-east of...
In 2006 we travelled on the Trans-Siberian Railway from Moscow to Beijing, via Mongolia. What a journey!...
Can you take a motorhome to China? I have been to China twice. The first time...
More travel destinations in China - bucket list
In Xian, the famous Terracotta Army is worth a visit during your trip to China! It is the first emperor of the Qin Dynasty (2200 years ago) guarded by 8000 sculptures in burnt clay. Fascinating!
Guilin in southern China is home to the same type of sugar mountain as in northern Vietnam. Here you can glide around on silent boat rides - magically beautiful! There are also caves to visit with imaginative formations.
Info and facts about China
- Capital city: Beijing (Peking)
- Language: Chinese in many different dialects, but with a common written language.
- Residents: 1.3 billion (2017)
- Currency: Renminbi (CNY)
- Religion: Popular religions, including Confucianism, Taoism, ancestor worship and atheism (73.5 %), Buddhism (15.8 %).
- Flag: The flag of China is red with a yellow star on the right surrounded by four smaller stars.
- National anthem: The march of the volunteers
Good to know about China
- Price mode: Cheaper than Sweden
- Time difference: +7 hours
- Emergency number: Police: 110, medical: 120, fire: 119
- El: Adapters are often needed
- Water: Choose bottled drinking water
- Watch out: In general, traffic is the biggest risk in the country. China is also a large country, and it is always a good idea to check the current security situation on Sweden Abroad.
- Think about: For two weeks a year, most of China closes down to celebrate the Chinese New Year and the Chinese National Day.
Travelling to China
- Flight: Air China flies directly from Stockholm (Arlanda) to Beijing in 8 hours 20 minutes. SAS flies directly to Beijing from Copenhagen. Finnair flies directly to Beijing from Helsinki.