Travel destinations in Cyprus! Here you will find inspiration for the best travel destinations in Cyprus. Do you like beautiful beaches, dramatic cliffs, historical sights or maybe good food and wine? Here are our top picks for travelling to Cyprus!
Why travel to Cyprus?
Cyprus is an exciting island nation in the eastern Mediterranean. People have lived here for at least 11,000 years and there are plenty of historical attractions. These include two ancient UNESCO World Heritage sites: the well-preserved Neolithic village of Choirokoitia and the royal tomb of Paphos.
Cyprus is also an island ideal for sunbathing, swimming, boat trips and snorkelling or diving. Here you'll find beautifully shaped cliffs and great swimming spots. Cyprus is also a place for those who appreciate good food and wine. Or why not check out famous places like Aiya Napa, Larnaca or the capital Nicosia? Below you'll find plenty of articles with travel tips.
Travel destinations in Cyprus - inspirational reading
Cypriot cuisine offers delicious Mediterranean flavours and a wide variety of dishes. Here you can...
MUSAN in Ayia Napa is a unique underwater sculpture park. The Cypriot sculpture park,...
Pafos is beautifully situated on the coast of Cyprus and boasts a UNESCO World Heritage Site....
Agritourism in Cyprus - what does it mean? Well, an opportunity to experience the countryside of Cyprus with charming...
Kourion is an exciting archaeological site in Cyprus, where you can check out an ancient Roman...
Aphrodite's Rock in Cyprus, or Petra tou Romiou as the site is actually called, consists of a series of...
Limassol marina is the port of Limassol in Cyprus, and consists of both an old harbour and...
Today we're sharing some inspiration from Cyprus! Have we been there right now? No, not at all....
How about a holiday in Cyprus? Cyprus is an increasingly popular holiday destination. I (Helena) visited the island ...
Info and facts about Cyprus
- Capital city: Nicosia
- Language: Greek and Turkish
- Residents: Around 1.2 million (2021)
- Religion: Christianity (mostly orthodox)
- Currency: Euro
- National anthem: Ymnos pros tin Eleftherian
Good to know about Cyprus
- Price mode: Cheaper than Sweden
- Time difference: 2 hours
- Emergency number: 199 / 112
- El: British sockets, so please bring an adapter. (Adapters are also often available in hotels.) Sometimes there are also USB sockets for charging mobile phones.
Travelling to Cyprus
- FlightsThe direct flight from Stockholm to Larnaca in Cyprus takes just over four hours. Norwegian flies direct.
- Car: Cyprus is an island, but it is possible to take a ferry from mainland Greece.