First Camp Råå Vallar in Helsingborg is a fantastic campsite that offers holiday experiences with beaches, pools, activities and lots of excursions.
First Camp Råå Vallar in Helsingborg
We have visited First Camp Råå Vallar in Helsingborg, as part of a collaboration with the camping chain First Camp. This is a 5-star campsite (Premium level) on the coast, where we took the opportunity to relax and enjoy the sunset.
First Camp Råå Vallar is located on the coast in Råå, just south of Helsingborg in Skåne.
Camping (and pitches) at First Camp Råå Vallar
At First Camp Råå Vallar there are around 400 pitches for accommodation in camping vehicles or cabins. We thought it would be relatively sparse with vehicles when we rolled in on a fresh April day, but it was a little more than half full. In the summer it's often completely full, according to the guy we spoke to at reception.
We stood in a nice spot on the campsite, with a view of the sea. If you have a motorhome, you can also choose to stay on the pitches outside the entrance. The price of a campsite varies depending on the season, location and other factors, while the price of the pitches is fixed.
At the moment (2022), you pay 220 kr/day on the pitches. There is no electricity, but you have access to toilets, showers and the possibility to fill and empty tanks.
There are also cottages, in a wide range of variants.
Råå Vallar - once a defence against the Dane
In November 1709, a Danish army landed at Råå to try to regain the territories they had lost in the 17th century. The Danish army was 15 000 strong, but was nevertheless completely defeated by the forces of the Scanian Governor-General Magnus Stenbock at the Battle of Helsingborg on 28 February 1710.
To prevent a new invasion, King Charles XII ordered the fortification of places along the Scanian coast where attacks could be expected. The Råå ramparts were therefore built in 1712-1713.
Long shallow beach
Along the entire campsite there is a shallow beach with several swimming piers.
Even though it was a bit cool when we were here, it was nice to walk along the water. We were especially fascinated by how clear and beautiful the water is here.
Pools and activities
First Camp Råå Vallar in Helsingborg is a campsite for everyone who likes sun, swimming and summer activities. In addition to the beach, there are several pools that are included in camping prices, both a 50 metre heated outdoor pool and smaller children's pools.
The pools were not open at the time, but will open at the end of May. Right next to the pool area you'll find a First Camp bistro, which hasn't quite opened yet either.
The campsite also has a nice adventure golf course, a playground and the possibility to rent bicycles and pedal cars. In the summer, training and all kinds of activities are organised for both children and adults.
Fresh service centres
We don't usually take photos of service buildings, as they are often quite boring. But when our closest service house on the campsite was lit up in the evening, it was really beautiful! We can also say that the toilets, showers and kitchen here are of a very high standard, and feel very new and fresh. Nice also with the possibility of a view of the sea while washing the dishes!
The campsite also has a CamperClean machine that we took the opportunity to use before we left. It is always nice to put the full cassette into this machine, and then take it out emptied and cleaned!
Sunset over the campsite
In the evening we experienced a beautiful sunset over the campsite. You never get tired of sunsets!
Video from First Camp Råå Vallar
Here you can watch a film from the campsite, edited by Peter.
10 excursions from First Camp Råå Vallar
First Camp Råå Vallar is perfectly located for various interesting excursions in the surrounding area. Here are suggestions for ten excursions that you can do during the day.
- Elsinore for the day with ForSea, where you can stroll, shop and enjoy a day in the neighbouring country.
- Island Friend with the Råå boats, where you can cycle, enjoy Vhen ice cream and visit the Tycho Brahe Museum.
- Råån valley and nature reserve is a natural area along the Råån river, with historical remains and opportunities for trout fishing.
- Landborg Promenade runs between Rau's church and Kärnan in Helsingborg, passing various cultural heritage sites, including Ramlösa brunn.
- Ramlösa Brunnspark offers a beautiful environment and the history of the well.
- Helsingborg is a nice city with Kärnan, street-art, Gröningen with "Fria bad" and the nice cold baths.
- Sofiero Castle where you can stroll through the beautiful castle garden and visit various exhibitions.
- Fredriksdal Museum and Gardens is a fine open-air museum with beautiful gardens, city blocks, farm animals and a theatre.
- Tropicaria is an exotic indoor park showcasing fascinating animals from Africa, South America and elsewhere.
- Landskrona is a nice town where you can take a guided tour of Landskrona Castle (citadel).
Have you visited First Camp Råå Vallar?
We had a lovely relaxed day at this campsite, and then felt ready to roll on to new adventures. Have you visited First Camp Råå Vallar in Helsingborg? How was your experience?
Facts about First Camp Råå Vallar in Helsingborg
- Address: Kustgatan 95, Råå
- Coordinates: 56.0008878 / 12.733883999999989
- Municipality: Helsingborg
- County: Skåne County
- Landscape: Skåne
- Location: The campsite is located along the coast in Råå, just south of Helsingborg.
- Read more: You can find more information at the campsite's website.
Services and practical information
- Opening hours: The campsite is open all year round. The bistro and pool area are open during the summer season.
- Prices: First Camp uses fluctuating pricing. You will see the current price for you when you fill in the details in the booking system. Right now (on a Saturday in April 2022) the price for a day was about 360 SEK.
- Shop: There is a relatively large and well-stocked service shop.
- Food service: The First Camp bistro is open during the summer season, serving pizza, salads and various dishes.
- Rules of procedure: Peace and order throughout the day. Silence between 24:00-07:00.
- Pets: Dogs are welcome but must be kept on a lead and are not allowed in service areas.
- Distance to the centre: 5 kilometres
Activities at First Camp Råå Vallar
- Beach: There is a shallow beach with several jetties.
- Pool: There is a 50 metre outdoor temperate pool, a smaller pool and a paddling pool.
- Active activities: Adventure golf and bicycles and pedal cars for hire.
- Training: During some summer weeks, four training sessions a week are organised. There is also an outdoor gym.
- For children: Kids' club with Yessi the lucky animal. There is also a playground.
- Entertainment: In summer, entertainment is organised for children and adults, including shows and quizzes.